cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Merllin
Level I

Newbie question on saving derived tables to main table

Is there any way to save a derived table back to the main table for playback. For instance if I convert the output of one of the analysis tables into a JMP table by right clicking and "Make into data table" is it possible to derive a script to do this and then have it listed in the main table top left panel script playback panel for future playback?

2 REPLIES 2
Georg
Level VII

Re: Newbie question on saving derived tables to main table

I think it depends on the platform you want to script this way, please see the following example:

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
dt << Contingency( Y( :Age ), X( :sex ), Make Into Data Table );
// until here from scripting index (searching "make into data table")

// inside Big Class as a table script, a script like this would do the same
// Contingency( Y( :Age ), X( :sex ), Make Into Data Table );

Georg_0-1616498014346.png

Georg
txnelson
Super User

Re: Newbie question on saving derived tables to main table

This can easily be done.  The example below takes a sample data table and runs a t-test on the data, and then using Make Data Table, a new table is created from the results table.

derive.PNG

From here, to move the output data table into the original data table, one copies the script for the new data table.  Click on the red triangle in the Table Panel and select "Copy Table Script".  This copies a script version of the script into the paste buffer

derive2.PNG

Now go back to the Table Panel red triangle and select "New Script"

derive6.PNG

Paste the script from the paste buffer into the script area of the New Script and add the name you want to be displayed in the list of scripts in the Table Panel

derive4.PNG

The result will be that the script is added to the Table Panel

derive7.PNG

Jim