cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Multiple regression or Two-way ANOVA

Hello!
I have set of data that includes different cell groups, cultured over 16 days. the cell count is measured every 2 days (sampling days)
I'm looking at multiple regression to check the difference in the cell group*sampling days. I have a total of 9 sampling days and 7 cell groups. my problem is that my parameter estimates do not show the last sampling period (eg. cellgroup1*day 16, cellgroup2*day 16). in fact all cellgroup*day16 does not show up. do you have idea how to solve this issue please and how can I check for significance between cell groups in each sampling date without having to make dummy variable for each cell group and each sampling date.

Can I use two-way ANOVA instead? my residual plot looks like this, so I'm not sure if this violates the assumption of ANOVA as I have a control group that has very high cell count

it would be a lifesaver if someone can answer me. Thank you so much!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multiple regression or Two-way ANOVA

I think you can get what you want if you use  the Effect Leverage personality in Fit Model and look at the LS Means Plot for the interaction term in your model.

SamGardner_0-1709562577674.png

View solution in original post

MRB3855
Super User

Hi @ReyrieNeedshelp   You May want to look at expanded estimates so you can view all parameter

estimates.

Details here: https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/index.shtml#page/jmp/expanded-estimates.shtml

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I think you can get what you want if you use  the Effect Leverage personality in Fit Model and look at the LS Means Plot for the interaction term in your model.

SamGardner_0-1709562577674.png

MRB3855
Super User

Hi @ReyrieNeedshelp   You May want to look at expanded estimates so you can view all parameter

estimates.

Details here: https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/index.shtml#page/jmp/expanded-estimates.shtml