cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Multiple Graphs and Filters Update Issue - Emmanuel Katto Uganda

Hello Everyone, I am Emmanuel Katto. I'm trying to analyze a large dataset in JMP and I'm having trouble creating a interactive dashboard with multiple graphs and filters. I've created a few graphs, but when I try to add more than one graph to the same dashboard, they don't interact with each other as expected. Specifically, when I filter one graph, the other graphs don't update accordingly. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Are there any tips for creating complex dashboards in JMP that you can share?

Thanks in advance!

Emmanuel Katto

1 REPLY 1
hogi
Level XI

Re: Multiple Graphs and Filters Update Issue - Emmanuel Katto Uganda

The Data Filter of one Graph always controls the graph itself - no additional graphs.

If you want to use a data filter which acts on all graphs, just start with this template: 

hogi_1-1719302847834.png

Then you can place a graph into the  source area:hogi_2-1719303023765.png... and use it to control all other graphs in the Dashboard.

Alternatively, you can add a Data Filter from the menu on the left to your Dashboard:

hogi_3-1719303238095.png

Then in addition to the Data Filter, JMP will also add a Data Filter Context Box (please notice the additional border that is added, highlighted blue in the below screenshot) . It indicates that the Data Filter controls all graphs within this border.
If you want to add some more graphs which should not be controlled by the data filter, please make sure that they are placed somewhere outside of this Data Filter Context Box.

hogi_4-1719303614379.png