cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sblacklow
Level I

Multifactor ANOVA in JMP

I can run a simple ANOVA test in JMP, but I've been trying for a little while now to find out how to run a Multifactor ANOVA test.  Any suggestions for how to do this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Multifactor ANOVA in JMP

Hi sblacklow,

Using Analyze > Fit Model you can specify your multi factor ANOVA manually or using the Macro > Full Factorial after selecting your factors in the column list. Here is a PDF showing the steps for fitting a 2-way factorial ANOVA (which generalizes to the higher-way designs):

http://www.jmp.com/academic/pdf/learning/04_two_way_factorial_anova.pdf

The steps for a 3 or higher-way ANOVA are identical -- when you use the "Macro" for "Full Factorial" JMP will populate the Model Effects section with the main effects, 2-way interactions, the 3-way interactions, etc. Be sure that your predictor variables are all marked as Nominal.

I hope this helps!

Julian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
julian

Hi sblacklow,

Using Analyze > Fit Model you can specify your multi factor ANOVA manually or using the Macro > Full Factorial after selecting your factors in the column list. Here is a PDF showing the steps for fitting a 2-way factorial ANOVA (which generalizes to the higher-way designs):

http://www.jmp.com/academic/pdf/learning/04_two_way_factorial_anova.pdf

The steps for a 3 or higher-way ANOVA are identical -- when you use the "Macro" for "Full Factorial" JMP will populate the Model Effects section with the main effects, 2-way interactions, the 3-way interactions, etc. Be sure that your predictor variables are all marked as Nominal.

I hope this helps!

Julian

julian

Hi again,

I just saw how long ago you posted this so you may no longer be using the community board, but hopefully you found your answer!

Julian

syl022
Level I

Multifactorial ANOVA can be run using Fit Model under Analyze. In the Fit Model, add your dependent variable in Y and add all independent variables in Construct Model Effects and select "Factorial Sorted" under "Macros." This will enable you to analyze both main effects and interaction between factors.