cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sblacklow
Level I

Multifactor ANOVA in JMP

I can run a simple ANOVA test in JMP, but I've been trying for a little while now to find out how to run a Multifactor ANOVA test.  Any suggestions for how to do this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Multifactor ANOVA in JMP

Hi sblacklow,

Using Analyze > Fit Model you can specify your multi factor ANOVA manually or using the Macro > Full Factorial after selecting your factors in the column list. Here is a PDF showing the steps for fitting a 2-way factorial ANOVA (which generalizes to the higher-way designs):

http://www.jmp.com/academic/pdf/learning/04_two_way_factorial_anova.pdf

The steps for a 3 or higher-way ANOVA are identical -- when you use the "Macro" for "Full Factorial" JMP will populate the Model Effects section with the main effects, 2-way interactions, the 3-way interactions, etc. Be sure that your predictor variables are all marked as Nominal.

I hope this helps!

Julian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
julian

Hi sblacklow,

Using Analyze > Fit Model you can specify your multi factor ANOVA manually or using the Macro > Full Factorial after selecting your factors in the column list. Here is a PDF showing the steps for fitting a 2-way factorial ANOVA (which generalizes to the higher-way designs):

http://www.jmp.com/academic/pdf/learning/04_two_way_factorial_anova.pdf

The steps for a 3 or higher-way ANOVA are identical -- when you use the "Macro" for "Full Factorial" JMP will populate the Model Effects section with the main effects, 2-way interactions, the 3-way interactions, etc. Be sure that your predictor variables are all marked as Nominal.

I hope this helps!

Julian

julian

Hi again,

I just saw how long ago you posted this so you may no longer be using the community board, but hopefully you found your answer!

Julian

syl022
Level I

Multifactorial ANOVA can be run using Fit Model under Analyze. In the Fit Model, add your dependent variable in Y and add all independent variables in Construct Model Effects and select "Factorial Sorted" under "Macros." This will enable you to analyze both main effects and interaction between factors.