cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rickr135
Level II

Moving text/numedit boxes into tab container without losing formatting/spacing - App Builder

I have built an app using the JMP Application border. I have text boxes, numedit boxes, and buttons arranged in a format I wish to retain. I am attempting to move what I already have into a paged tab container. When I do so, it messes up all of the spacing and formatting of the individual text/numedit boxes. Is there a way to move them all into a tab page container without losing all the formatting? I had started with all of the boxes freely arranged, and not in any sort of container. 

I have attached two pictures - one with how the boxes look before I launch the module(ex. 1), and one with how they appear once I've launched the module. (ex2). As you can see, the spacing/formatting is lost - this wasn't an issue before I had tried to move it into the tabbed page. 

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Georg
Level VII

Re: Moving text/numedit boxes into tab container without losing formatting/spacing - App Builder

I would use a structure, that maintains a certain design, otherwise the design is dependent on e.g. screen resolution, font size and messes up at other users.

You can use e.g. a lineup box to get a tabular structure like below.

Georg_0-1617039562358.png

Georg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Georg
Level VII

Re: Moving text/numedit boxes into tab container without losing formatting/spacing - App Builder

I would use a structure, that maintains a certain design, otherwise the design is dependent on e.g. screen resolution, font size and messes up at other users.

You can use e.g. a lineup box to get a tabular structure like below.

Georg_0-1617039562358.png

Georg
rickr135
Level II

Thank you very much, this worked for me! I was able to move my text and numedit boxes into a lineup box one by one, adjust the spacing, and then move the whole thing into a tabbed container to retain the formatting. 

rickr135_0-1617292367720.png