cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Georg
Level VII

MongoDB: What is the best connector, is ODBC connector sufficient, or do I need BI Connector?

Dear all,

from another contribution by @JumpingAC I got the hint that there is a Connector for MongoDB:

and then I got the hint, that there should be a MongoDB Connector for BI

but:

• "The MongoDB Connector for BI is available as part of the MongoDB Enterprise Advanced subscription, which features the most comprehensive support for MongoDB and the best SLA"
  • i.e. I have to buy it.

So what is the difference between both, does anyone have experience?

How to access the not table like content from MongoDB, is this possible with these connectors, or do I need a different way?

Thanks and best regards,

Georg

Georg
3 REPLIES 3
gianpaolo
Level IV

Re: MongoDB: What is the best connector, is ODBC connector sufficient, or do I need BI Connector?

hi Georg,

just for your information, is also possible to query MongoDB without third part drivers:

by JSL script you can connect your local JMP to MONGO passing trough R or Python Interface.

i tested this funcionality with R and it works well.

// here a query sample with R 3.5 //

R Init( );

R Submit( "

library(mongolite)

mquery <- mongo(collection = \!"ProbeWafer\!", db = \!"DbProbe\!", url = \!"mongodb://27017/DbaProbe\!")

DataFrame <- mquery$find ('{\!"DATETIME\!": { \!"$gte\!" : { \!"$date\!" : \!"2018-11-30T23:30:00Z\!" }, \!"$lt\!" : { \!"$date\!": \!"2018-12-01T00:00:00Z\!" } }}')");

dt = R Get( DataFrame);

dt << New Data View;

dt << set name ("Mongo Table");

R Term();

// close R Session

ciao

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo Polsinelli
Georg
Level VII

Re: MongoDB: What is the best connector, is ODBC connector sufficient, or do I need BI Connector?

Hey Gianpaolo,

thanks for your hint, you're right.

I also did a connection to the mongoDB with python, it worked also.

But this would not be my preferred solution, as this would need a python installation for every user, that wants to use the script. So I would like to have a kind of connector, or native connect from JMP to mongoDB.

Best regards,

Georg

Georg
gianpaolo
Level IV

Unfortunately , currently there is not a native connection JMP for mongo-db.

this topic has been a my discussion with  Jmp15 developers, but seems that for now they dont have in plan to develop a native connection for no SQL sources

ciao

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo Polsinelli