cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GZ7853
Level I

Modify Pie chart to show wedges in descending order of %

I have been able to generate a pie chart based on some sales data.  Is there a way to display the wedges in descending order?  Wedges are representative of sums of individual parts into grouped into a higher level category.  See cahart below. pie_example.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Modify Pie chart to show wedges in descending order of %

I suggest you familiarize youself with the column property "Row Level Ordering".  That may be able to be used.  

Jim

View solution in original post

Did you try right-clicking on the Customer Invoice Qty axis and select Order By command?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GZ7853
Level I

As a short term fix, I was able to use Value Ordering to order the largest wedges.  However, this could be very tedious to sort the entire list of wedges.  I guess this becomes a request on how to autorank these to save the time spent on manual sorting.  

txnelson
Super User

I suggest you familiarize youself with the column property "Row Level Ordering".  That may be able to be used.  

Jim

Did you try right-clicking on the Customer Invoice Qty axis and select Order By command?

markschahl
Level V

Visualizations superior to pie chart:

Analyze > Quality & Process > Pareto Plot  (automatically sorted)

Packed Bars: https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Blog/Introducing-packed-bars-a-new-chart-form/ba-p/39972

#onelesspie