cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
GZ7853
Level I

Modify Pie chart to show wedges in descending order of %

I have been able to generate a pie chart based on some sales data.  Is there a way to display the wedges in descending order?  Wedges are representative of sums of individual parts into grouped into a higher level category.  See cahart below. pie_example.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Modify Pie chart to show wedges in descending order of %

I suggest you familiarize youself with the column property "Row Level Ordering".  That may be able to be used.  

Jim

View solution in original post

Did you try right-clicking on the Customer Invoice Qty axis and select Order By command?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GZ7853
Level I

As a short term fix, I was able to use Value Ordering to order the largest wedges.  However, this could be very tedious to sort the entire list of wedges.  I guess this becomes a request on how to autorank these to save the time spent on manual sorting.  

txnelson
Super User

I suggest you familiarize youself with the column property "Row Level Ordering".  That may be able to be used.  

Jim

Did you try right-clicking on the Customer Invoice Qty axis and select Order By command?

markschahl
Level V

Visualizations superior to pie chart:

Analyze > Quality & Process > Pareto Plot  (automatically sorted)

Packed Bars: https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Blog/Introducing-packed-bars-a-new-chart-form/ba-p/39972

#onelesspie