cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
brandl22
Level I

Missing Validation Option on Fit Model Screen

According to documentation there should be a "validation" option under model fit. I am not seeing it. I have JMP 13.1.0.

Is there some kind of configuration I am missing?

jmp.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Missing Validation Option on Fit Model Screen

That is a JMP Pro feature. Are you using that version?

brandl22
Level I

I am thinking this may be the problem.

Also, you must select the Peronality, such as Standard Least Squares, before the validation role appears.

dale_lehman
Level VII

As soon as you put your response variable in, the validation box should appear.  I'm not sure why it isn't there when you first launch the platform, but I suspect it is because there are many types of analyses that are done through the Fit Model platform and only some may support validation.

I don't think that all of the platforms accessible through Fit Model (i.e., Personality) support cross-validation, so the role only appears when you select one that does. Entering a continuous data column in the Y role selects Standard Least Squares automatically, which does support the validation role.

brandl22
Level I

Thanks all, pretty sure this is a versioning issue. I've tried every variable and every model and the validation model doesn't pop up for me.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Getting back to the first response that @Mark_Bailey gave, the Validation role is available only in JMP Pro.

If you don't have JMP Pro, you won't have the Validation role.

-Jeff