cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
N_Faust-BC
Level II

Missing Specification Limits in Levey Jennings Control Charts

Dear Community, For the process performance reports my colleagues and I create via JMP, we include a Levey Jennings control chart figure. We create this figure using the "Analyze"->"Quality and Process"->"Control Chart"->"Levey Jennings"-tool Oddly enough, even tho we specify the specification limits for the column(s) (and check the "show as Graph Reference Lines"), the figure will only show the calculated control limits but not the SL. In this case we have to manually add spec. limits ourselves each time (which is really time consuming considering the amounts of reports we have to create), but if I use the "Control Chart Builder" to create a Levey Jennings myself it correctly shows the spec. limits. Other tool, like the IR Control Chart, show the specification limits too. I am not sure if I am missing something or if it's (un-)intentional that in this case no SL are shown. Does anyone have a solution for this problem (maybe an preference setting I overlooked)? PS: Using the Control Chart Builder is not really practical for us, because we also need information on process performance, test on normality, tolerance interval, outliers... which is kindly provided by the levey jennings tool we currently use. PPS: We are using the version 14.3.0 and Windows 10 pro as the operating system. Best regards from Berlin Niklas
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Missing Specification Limits in Levey Jennings Control Charts

This is a known issue.  We suggest that you use Control Chart Builder paired with the distribution platform instead.

N_Faust-BC
Level II

Thanks for the quick response. Will this be fixed in a future update?

Hello, Has this known issue been fixed with JMP 16? Thanks.

This issue has not be corrected for the legacy control charts.  Please use the new Control Chart Builder platform instead.