cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ralmo
Level I

Missing Leverage Plot when using the Fit Model Command

When using the Fit Model command on a particular dataset I get no Leverage Plots for any of the 3 main effects or an interaction. However, Least Squares Means tables are fully populated for all.

Rerunning the model without the interaction term results in all Leverage Plots as expected, BUT I still do not understand why these plots are missing when the interaction term is included.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Leverage Plot when using the Fit Model Command

I am not sure but check the Emphasis in the Fit Model launch dialog for each case. Effect Leverage should show the plots but the Effect Screening and Minimal Report do not.

You can select the leverage plots afterward by using the Effect Details command in the platform menu (red triangle), though they might appear down the window instead of across the top.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am not sure but check the Emphasis in the Fit Model launch dialog for each case. Effect Leverage should show the plots but the Effect Screening and Minimal Report do not.

You can select the leverage plots afterward by using the Effect Details command in the platform menu (red triangle), though they might appear down the window instead of across the top.

ralmo
Level I

Mark, thanks for your comments.

I have been using Effect Leverage. What puzzled me is that the analyses have been run against 4 different "By" groups. On one data set all 4 groups were as expected, on another 2 of the 4 were missing leverage plots and on a third just 1 of the 4 was missing leverage plots.

These results were also repeatable.

Anyway, whatever the reason, I can check the leverage plot options from the Row Diagnostics dropdown menu as you suggested. So problem solved. (This was usinh JMP14, by the way).

Thanks again, Roger