cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MJE
MJE
Level III

Migrating to new system // List of pinned files

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help regarding an upcoming (forced) migration to a new system (Win7 to Win10). I already found this discussion about how to copy/paste the preferences, but I'm still not sure about the extent of the saved preferences.

Does anyone know, whether the JMP.PFS file contains all of the preference settings and can directly be copied to the respective folder in Win10 (alternatively, is there a script, besides get preferences() and get platform preferences() to collect all preference data at once?)?

Additionally, does anyone know, whether the list of pinned files from the home window can be easily migrated?

Any input is appreciated (short term even more so as the date of system change is rapidly approaching) :)

Greetings,

Malte

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Migrating to new system // List of pinned files

Hi @MJE

Sorry to hear about the forced migration! I don't know about the list of pinned files (I'll do some digging to see if I can find out), but for preferences, there is a JMP Add-In that lets you import and export preferences, as well as switch between preference profiles on your system: Preferences Manager (with Import/Export).

I hope that helps ease some of the pain!

@julian 

View solution in original post

Jeff_Perkinson

The recent files list and the pinned files are stored in the Windows Registry in the key: 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAS Institute Inc.\JMP\Recent\Files

You can probably use Regedit to export this key from your old computer and import it on the new one.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
julian

Hi @MJE

Sorry to hear about the forced migration! I don't know about the list of pinned files (I'll do some digging to see if I can find out), but for preferences, there is a JMP Add-In that lets you import and export preferences, as well as switch between preference profiles on your system: Preferences Manager (with Import/Export).

I hope that helps ease some of the pain!

@julian 

MJE
MJE
Level III

Hi Julian,

thank you for your instant reply. This nice little tool is exactly what I was looking for.
Jeff_Perkinson

The recent files list and the pinned files are stored in the Windows Registry in the key: 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAS Institute Inc.\JMP\Recent\Files

You can probably use Regedit to export this key from your old computer and import it on the new one.

-Jeff
MJE
MJE
Level III

Hi Jeff,

thank you for your quick reply. As this is a company owned computer, I was quite surprised that the registry was actually accessible :)

Greets
Malte