cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
albiruni81
Level II

Maximize Desirability

Hi ,

Does anyone knows how to maximize the desirability based on 4 factors and fixing 1 factor based on our required response. For example

Output : Yield, Defectivity

Input : Gas flow, temperature, pressure, chemical concentration (all factors are continuous)

I run a DOE using all these 4 factors, but if i would like to optimize the output/response based only on the 3 factors (gas flow, temperature,pressure) and maintaining a fix value on chemical concentration, how do i do this, is it possible

Rgrds

Irfan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Maximize Desirability

Hi,

If you press Ctrl + Right-click in the middle of the profiler on the factor in question (chemical concentration, in your case) you have the option to "Lock Factor Setting." Maximizing desirability will then find the ideal settings of the remaining factors, keeping the locked factor setting constant.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

If you press Ctrl + Right-click in the middle of the profiler on the factor in question (chemical concentration, in your case) you have the option to "Lock Factor Setting." Maximizing desirability will then find the ideal settings of the remaining factors, keeping the locked factor setting constant.

albiruni81
Level II

Thanks , this is what i'm looking for :)