cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
d_barnett
Level IV

Map Shapes Not Found In Graph Builder ( Great Britain)

I use Graph Builder quite a bit to demonstrate where my JMP users are based in the world. We can automatically pick up where they are based via a Smartsheet ( https://www.smartsheet.com/) but one of the annoyances is that Smartsheet calls the UK Great Britain which JMP doesn't recognize. This means that i have to change these manually each time to run the report, I realize I could have a script to do this but it would be great to have it automatically done for me in graph builder.

It is the same for Korea ( South) and Taiwan, R.O.C.

Is there a way to change the map service that JMP uses so that these are recognised? I don't have the potential to change the Smartsheet documentation as it is linked to a larger db. 

David

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Map Shapes Not Found In Graph Builder ( Great Britain)

I would check the Wish List here and see if this change has been requested. If so, vote for it! (Kudo or comment or both) If not, then add your request.

Given that it might be a long time before it is adopted, you might use the Recode command the Cols menu to make the changes. You could also adapt this script and run it when you get a new data table from SmartSheet.

Names Default to Here( 1 );

For Each Row(
	:Country = Match( :Country,
		"Great Britain", "UK",
		"Korea (South)", "South Korea",
		// and so on to the last change,
		:Country
	);
);

Hi Mr. Bailey,

Can you help to create a file of Maps for Vietnam like these.

"CA-Admin1-Name.

CA-Admin1-XY"

I want to draw graphs on Map of Vietnam but they're not available in my installation.

C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\16\Maps

I really appreciate that!

Best regards,

Huong.

Phil_Kay
Staff

@HuongNgo-Kyodai - your best way to do this is to find the Esri map shape files from some external resource and then import them into JMP. The help documentation for JMP 16 covers this.

I am unable to create such maps. I was only helping another user recode the values to match existing map files for the UK. You might submit your request to the Wish List here in the JMP Community.

I think, though, that the suggestion by @Phil_Kay is the best!

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You can edit the built-in map shape files to add the alternative names for these geographies.

The map files are in C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP[or JMPPRO]\[VERSION NUMBER]\Maps. So for JMP Pro 16 they are in C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\16\Maps.

2022-01-14_16-50-05.920.png

Open the World-Name.jmp file and find the United Kingdom row and add the alternative names, separating them with a | symbol.

2022-01-14_16-48-06.313.png

-Jeff