cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Logistic regression with odds ratios

Hi JMP users - I'm a newbie and cannot figure out how to do a simple logistic regression which will display in a table format my variables with p-values, odds ratios, and confidence intervals.

My Y variable is coded as 1 (event) and 2 (no event). I have 13 other variables that are also coded as 1, 2, 3, 4 with the exception of year, which is ordinal.

I tried "Fit Model" but that did not give me odds ratios. I also tried "Fit Y by X" but that did not allow me to do logistic regression because my Y variable is not continuous.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Logistic regression with odds ratios

Go to the help pull down menu and open sample data>teaching examples. Then open O-ring Failure example and run the script in the data table to see the logistic regression. I'm thinking that perhaps your column attributes in your file may not reflect the nominal Y. The odds ratio's can be found under the red triangle.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Logistic regression with odds ratios

Go to the help pull down menu and open sample data>teaching examples. Then open O-ring Failure example and run the script in the data table to see the logistic regression. I'm thinking that perhaps your column attributes in your file may not reflect the nominal Y. The odds ratio's can be found under the red triangle.