Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
FN
FN
Level VI

Local data filter in application builder

I have an application that contains a 'Filter Col Selector' already.

The application asks the user for Xs, Ys, etc.

I would like to add the option of having a 'Local Data Filter' so the user can remove certain rows from Xs and Ys before running the script.

The option is deactivated on the menu bar and I see there is a 'Local data filter' within the App Builder.

Yet, when I try to add it, this is linked to another data table and I cannot hide it (or collapse it).

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Local data filter in application builder

Select Rows > Data Filter. This tool interactively modifies the row states of the current data table. These changes are pushed to all open platforms. This behavior has been fundamental to using JMP since the 90s. The Data Filter was added to keep you in your workflow and not have to go back to the data table for each change. Then some users wanted to temporarily change row states within the platform, but not in the data table (leave them undisturbed and distinct).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FN
FN
Level VI

For example, if I wanted to filter some rows using the add-in from @brady_brady before doing the analysis. 

FN_0-1634143276430.png

Hi @FN - I think the local data filter in the toolbar is greyed out in this case because the report is not a JMP platform.

I see that the app already has an option to "Omit excluded rows", which I assume is based on data table row states.  Is it a requirement to use a Local Data Filter, or could you use the Global Data Filter to select the rows that you want to keep?  If you switch to a Local Data Filter, the rest of the app logic that determines which rows to include will need to change a little.

FN
FN
Level VI

I am after something that allows fewer steps. What's a global data filter?

Not using excluded rows is already part of my application, but it forces users to do the selection, exclude rows, use the application, go back to the table, and unexclude them again.

Select Rows > Data Filter. This tool interactively modifies the row states of the current data table. These changes are pushed to all open platforms. This behavior has been fundamental to using JMP since the 90s. The Data Filter was added to keep you in your workflow and not have to go back to the data table for each change. Then some users wanted to temporarily change row states within the platform, but not in the data table (leave them undisturbed and distinct).

FN
FN
Level VI

Nice. It also seems accessible via JSL so I can add or remove columns to filter based on user selection.