cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
christianguhr
Level III

Local data filter for all charts in variability platform?

When performing variability analysis with more 2 or more variables a local data filter is only applied for one of the charts, not for all. See picture below.

ChristianGuhr86_0-1616161512035.png

Is there a way to apply a local data filter for all charts at the same time without scripting?

@martindemel maybe?

8 REPLIES 8
txnelson
Super User

Re: Local data filter for all charts in variability platform?

If you use a Global Data Filter, it will filter all graphs associated with the data table the filter is applied to. You access the Global Data Filter from the Rows pull down menu at the top of the data table you are generating the Variability Charts from.
Rows=>Data Filter
Jim
christianguhr
Level III

Hi Jim , a global data filter works fine but I thought a "semi-global" data filter in each platform is also possible. I know from Fit Y by X that you can put a data filter to each "Fit Group" so you do not have to put a data filter for each graph. This is what I am looking for in the variability platform, too.
txnelson
Super User

The two platforms do not work the same. No such grouping option exists in the Variability Chart. Thus, my suggestion of the Global Data Filter
Jim
ian_jmp
Staff

Perhaps not quite what you want, but you can get 'close' by using drag and drop with Dashboard Builder. In the case of 'Big Class', something like:

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 15.36.12.png

Dudu
Level I

How its possible that the number of items wont appear in () in the local filter .

I mean that the titlte will be "sex" and not "sex(2)"?

jthi
Super User

Could you provide any additional information? What are you trying to do? Are you using Big Class example table? What platform are you trying to filter?

One reason could be that the modeling type is continuous (count is added only when using Nominal/ordinal data)

jthi_0-1700771051734.png

-Jarmo
Georg
Level VII

As others replied already, I think the dashboard is coming most near to what you are looking for. Is using another platform also an option? You could make the graphs looking similar by using GraphBuilder and using local data filter.

Georg

Great suggestions and workarounds have been offered in this thread. I would also like to let you know that this request was sent to Development after you initially made it, to make it easier to do what you were originally trying to do. The upcoming major release, JMP 17, has the ability to cater to your specific request in the way you initially wanted. JMP 17 will be available in October. You will find an overall outline node to which a local data filter can be added that would apply to all responses.