cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
johnm
Level III

List Boxes; customizing # of plots per row

Hello,

When using the following script, the window will produce a single column of plots.

pltx=dtnm<<(Bivariate(

Y( :Name( "|id|" ),:Name( "|ib|" ), :Name( "|ig|" )),

X( :vg ),

By( :device, :tdegc, :wid, :len, :str, :vd, :vb )));

I am interested in knowing of methods to produce a window that has the three dependent variables in side by side fashion for the given 'By' variables, and with the next row in the window will be same three graphs for the next combination of the 'By' variables.

I can envision using a loop to do this, but I am wondering if there is or are other options.

Thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4

Re: List Boxes; customizing # of plots per row

Wrap it in a Line Up Box( N Col( n ), Bivariate( ... ) );

johnm
Level III

For example, would this work?

dtnm=datatable("trans.nm.25");

dtnm<<Line Up Box(N Col (3), (Bivariate(

Y( :Name( "|id|" ),:Name( "|ib|" ), :Name( "|ig|" )),

X( :vg ),

By( :device, :tdegc, :wid, :len, :str, :vd, :vb ))));

Sorry I was not clear about the details. You create a new window that includes the report of interest, Bivariate in this case. You enclose the Bivariate report in a Line Up Box that will organize the separate reports for each level of the By variable.

This example should clarify this approach:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

New Window( "Bivariate",
	Line Up Box( N Col( 2 ),
		dt << Bivariate(
			Y( :weight ),
			X( :height ),
			Fit Line,
			By( :age )
		)
) );

johnm
Level III

Hi Mark,

Very helpful. Thanks. I can now more easily view the three plots and navigate in just one window.

But I would like to have the three dependent variables in a single row rather than in a single column of three graphs. In other words the three plots cirlced in blue in the first row, the three plots circled in red in the second row, and so on. So each 'By' condition has a row with the three plots.

John

ncols.PNG