cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ehchandlerjr
Level V

Linking rows to portions of images

Hello - Kindof a weird question, but I'm trying to include my lab notebook pages in my project file, because its very hard for someone else to look through a 1000 page lab notebook and pair it with a table if they don't know where to find what they are looking for. I'd like to link rows of experiments in one table to portions of images of pages. I know this is trivial with whole images, just make a separate table of images and make an ID column for linking, but is there a way to link portions of an image to a row other than making that image table and just splicing and dicing the images before uploading? In my mind, I can hover or click or something in the data table, and either a window or a hovering popup of a portion of the relevant image pops up, but I'm open to whatever features JMP has available.

I'm trying to use the JMP projects feature maximally effectively, but having physical media as well makes that complicated. Anyone have any thoughts, or even a suggestion of a different way to do this?

Edward Hamer Chandler, Jr.
1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Linking rows to portions of images

How would you determine what should be shown? You could have "master images" somewhere and then crop them as necessary

Names Default To Here(1);
imgBox = Graph Box(frameSize(451, 451), SuppressAxes);
win = New Window("Image", imgBox);
img = New Image("$SAMPLE_IMAGES/tile.jpg");
imgBox = win[framebox(1)];
imgBox << AddImage(Image(img), bounds(Left(0), Right(100), top(100), bottom(0)));
imgSeg = imgBox << FindSeg(PictSeg(1));
Wait(1);
imgSeg << Crop(10, 20, 90, 10);
-Jarmo