cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hmurrayiv
Level I

Limiting regression line to range of data

Hello,

I am using the Bivariate fit platform to plot regression lines for a spec from different batches over time. Some of the batches have time points (x-axis) that are longer than other batches. When I use group by (batch) and then fit line, I get individual regression reports and confidence intervals for each batch. The problem I have is that the regression lines for the batches with time points that to go as long as others have the regression line extrapolated out way past the last time point I have for that batch.

When I use graph builder, the regression lines for each batch only extend to the last data point. Is there anyway I can have my lines in that style for the Bivariate fit platform?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Limiting regression line to range of data

Hi,

I don't think there is any option to change the range over which the fit lines extend. Maybe one for the Wish List.

If you explain more about the objectives of your analysis, someone might be able to help with another solution.

Regards,
Phil