Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Anne_S
Level II

Levey Jennings chart restart subgroup labels

Dear Support Team,

I'm working with Levey Jennings Control Charts and would like the subgroups plotted on the X axis to restart at 1 for each phase. How can I do this (interactive explanation preferred)?

Many thanks in advance

Anne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Levey Jennings chart restart subgroup labels

You need a data column for the phase, subgroup, and data. Like this:

table.PNG

Then select Analyze > Quality and Process > Control Chart > Levey Jennings Control Chart. Assign the data columns to the appropriate analysis role. Like this:

dialog.PNG

(Note: this chart can be made interactively with Control Chart Builder instead of using a dialog, so you can pick your preferred method.)

You should get this result in Control Chart Builder when you click OK:

ccb.PNG

(Note: You can apply limits or sigma from an external source instead of JMP computing the limits from the data in the plot, which is generally the case for these charts, after the CCB opens using interactive commands.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You need a data column for the phase, subgroup, and data. Like this:

table.PNG

Then select Analyze > Quality and Process > Control Chart > Levey Jennings Control Chart. Assign the data columns to the appropriate analysis role. Like this:

dialog.PNG

(Note: this chart can be made interactively with Control Chart Builder instead of using a dialog, so you can pick your preferred method.)

You should get this result in Control Chart Builder when you click OK:

ccb.PNG

(Note: You can apply limits or sigma from an external source instead of JMP computing the limits from the data in the plot, which is generally the case for these charts, after the CCB opens using interactive commands.)

Anne_S
Level II

Hi Mark,

it worked (& was a fairly obvious solution, I admit).

My problem was that we haven't yet fully upgraded to JMP 16, and in 15 this option didn't exist... So thanks for adding it, it's coming in useful already.

Best regards

Anne