cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
barik
Level I

Kappa Coefficient and Agreement Statistic

Hi all,

Assume that I have two columns, Bob and Mary, who rate four items with either a Y or a N. In the following case, no Agreement Statistic is present when doing Fit Y by X, because it appears that JMP thinks that Bob and Mary do not have the same categorical levels. How can I set column "Bob" to inform JMP that Bob can also take on values or Y or N? For example, if I change one of the columns in Bob to N, the Agreement Statistic feature is available again.

6287_2014-05-12_20-32-34.png

I feel like this should be specified in Column Properties somewhere, but I can't figure out how to make it work.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Kappa Coefficient and Agreement Statistic

Hi Titus,

Try adding one more row to your data table with the N for Bob (either Y or N for Mary) and also add a Freq column with a 1 in every row except the new row – with the N in it for Bob – which should have a 0.

6289_BobMaryFreq.png

Use the Freq column in the Freq role in Fit Y by X and you should get the option for the Agreement Statistic.

6290_BobMaryFreqFitYbyX.png

6291_FitYByX.png

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Titus,

Try adding one more row to your data table with the N for Bob (either Y or N for Mary) and also add a Freq column with a 1 in every row except the new row – with the N in it for Bob – which should have a 0.

6289_BobMaryFreq.png

Use the Freq column in the Freq role in Fit Y by X and you should get the option for the Agreement Statistic.

6290_BobMaryFreqFitYbyX.png

6291_FitYByX.png

-Jeff

-Jeff
pgstats
Level I

When one of the raters always says the same thing (Bob, in this case) Kappa is zero, by definition. You can show this by adding a weight variable and a dummy observation where Bob says N but with a weight of zero.

6293_snip.PNG

PG