cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
terapin
Level VI

JSL to add event handler

I'm trying to add an event handler column property using the following code but it isn't working.  I can manually apply the property, but can't figure out a script based method.  Can this be done by JSL?

// Create hyperlink for URL column
:Current Firmware URL << Add Column Properties(
    Event Handler,
    Function( {thisTable, thisColumn, iRow},
        Web( Char( thisTable:thisColumn[iRow] ) ); // open a web page
    )
);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Georg
Level VII

Re: JSL to add event handler

just a hint:

to solve this type of scripting tasks (add formula, add properties, add event handler),

it may always be a good way to have a working table with that properties and look into the table script

(red triangle --> copy table script), there is the code to replicate the table functionality!

Georg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
terapin
Level VI

Nevermind,

After locating Add Hyperlinks to Columns in the online help, I was able to locate the code to add hyperlinks as expected.  Should have known that the help manual would have had the solution.  If only I looked a little harder.

// Create hyperlink for URL column
:Current Firmware URLX << Set Property(
    "Event Handler",
    Event Handler(
        Click(JSL Quote(Function( {thisTable, thisColumn, iRow}, Open( Char( thisTable:thisColumn[ iRow ] ) ); );)
        ),
        Tip(JSL Quote(Function( {thisTable, thisColumn, iRow}, "Open " || Char(thisTable:thisColumn[ iRow ] ) || " in a web browser."; );)
        ),
        Color( JSL Quote(Function( {thisTable, thisColumn, iRow}, 5; );) )
    )
);
Georg
Level VII

just a hint:

to solve this type of scripting tasks (add formula, add properties, add event handler),

it may always be a good way to have a working table with that properties and look into the table script

(red triangle --> copy table script), there is the code to replicate the table functionality!

Georg
terapin
Level VI

Didn't know that feature existed. Thanks for pointing it out. That would have made the scripting process a whole lot easier.