cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bharathu
Level III

JSL scripts run automatically in JMP 13 when double clicked to open. How to stop it?

I recently upgraded from JMP 11 to JMP 13.1. All my scripts were created in JMP 11. I am now seeing that my scripts are automatically executing everytime I try to open them by double clicking on the script. The settings in the "Preferences" section is unchecked for "JSL scripts should be run only....". See snapshot of the settings below.

I am out of options to fix this. The only other way where I can force JMP not to execute my script when I try to open is by opening the script fromt he JMP home screen (File > Open) or dragging a script into the home screen. Any ideas to fix this problem? 

Script settings.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bharathu
Level III

Re: JSL scripts run automatically in JMP 13 when double clicked to open. How to stop it?

Reinstall did not work. I am going to contact JMP support to find out if they can help me. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: JSL scripts run automatically in JMP 13 when double clicked to open. How to stop it?

I have 2 suggestions.

1.  Reinstall JMP

2. If that does not fix the issue, then I think you need to contact JMP directly, @

support@jmp.com

Jim
bharathu
Level III

Reinstall did not work. I am going to contact JMP support to find out if they can help me. 

Aklidien
Level I

While this issue was posted many months ago, I would like to ask if JMP Support was able to help you, @bharathu.

Do you recall any steps that resolved this issue?

I have recently upgraded from JMP 11 to JMP 13, and I have come across the exact same issue that you described above.

mdawson69
Level IV

It is defintiely best to contact JMP support for this type of issue. In my experience, JMP Tech Support is very helpful when resolving errant behavior in the application or even answering basic questions.