cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mosiph
Level I

[JSL] Spec limits and reference lines

Hi,

I have been trying to find a script to import specs from specs datatable and set Show Limits( 1 ) for all columns.

I came across a few posts but still could not figure out how to do it.

Please kindly help.

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: [JSL] Spec limits and reference lines

Here is a simple script that sets spec limits.  It would be a simple matter to place this into a loop that reads from one data table and writes the limits to another, but not knowing the structure of your input table, etc. I am only providing the write component

Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = Current Data Table();

col="NPN1";
LSL=100;
Target=110;
USL=120;

Eval(
	Eval Expr(
		column(dt,Expr( col )) << set property(
			"spec limits",
			{LSL( Expr( LSL ) ), USL( Expr( USL ) ), Target( Expr( Target ) ), Show Limits( 1 )}
		)
	)
);
Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Here is a simple script that sets spec limits.  It would be a simple matter to place this into a loop that reads from one data table and writes the limits to another, but not knowing the structure of your input table, etc. I am only providing the write component

Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = Current Data Table();

col="NPN1";
LSL=100;
Target=110;
USL=120;

Eval(
	Eval Expr(
		column(dt,Expr( col )) << set property(
			"spec limits",
			{LSL( Expr( LSL ) ), USL( Expr( USL ) ), Target( Expr( Target ) ), Show Limits( 1 )}
		)
	)
);
Jim

How many times has this question been posted on the JMP Community? Someone should write a book...  J

txnelson
Super User

Maybe not a book, but it has inspired me enough write some code to add it to the Semiconductor Tool kit

Jim

Here is a blog post about checking the box for "Show as graph reference lines".

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Byron-Wingerd-s-Blog/Spec-Limit-Lines-on-Graphs/ba-p/33317