cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Samu
Level II

JSL Get 'Axis Label Row' Value of Labels

Short version: In attached screenshot "X Axis Settings.JPG" down below there's a field "Value" next to "Label". How can I read those Values from a X axis in a JSL script?

Note: The function obj << Tick Label List() can be used to set what I want, but I need a way to read it.

Long version:

In order to draw a line in my graph via 'Add Line Annotation' that doesn't go across the entire width of the graph, but just part of the X axis, I need to know the width of that part of the X axis.

In my script I have access to the AxisBox. This AxisBox now has 3 Axis Label Rows, which are not part of the tree structure.

The last Axis Label Row has two Labels (or Values). Now the Value of the first Label is 0.5 and the Value of the second Label is 2.

I can find the width of the entire AxisBox, which naturally is also the width of the Axis Label Rows. If I could combine the width with the label values I'd have the length of my line.

How can I find the values of my labels?

I have attached a screenshot of my graph. This is about Row 3 Label 1 and Row 3 Label 2.

A second screenshot shows the X Axis Settings with the mentioned Values for the Labels.

I expected something like:

myAxisBox = myReport[axis box( 1 )];
myLabelRow = myAxisBox[Label Row( 3 )];
myValues = myLabelRow << Get Values;

But since the Label Rows aren't part of the Tree Structure this isn't possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samu
Level II

Re: JSL Get 'Axis Label Row' Value of Labels

Well, I was hoping there'd be a more direct method, but I ended up adding up all unique combinations in the table that would be displayed on the axis. That way I can predict what the axis would look like.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Samu
Level II

Re: JSL Get 'Axis Label Row' Value of Labels

Well, I was hoping there'd be a more direct method, but I ended up adding up all unique combinations in the table that would be displayed on the axis. That way I can predict what the axis would look like.