cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Yngeinstn
Level IV

JSL - Generate -x-y Plot that loops through columns with different variables

Capture.JPGGreetings,

Background: I have a very large data set that is an output of specific RF testing for semi-conductor devices. During this RF test there are a variety of differnt conditions that are important. I have 3 outputs that are tested on 16 different channels at 6 different test states which require me to generate 105 differnt graphs.

example: Gain vs Frequency on Channel 1 at Test State 1; Gain vs Frequency on Channel 2 at Test State 1 where i have 15 channels and 6 test states.

I have searched these discussion boards for a solution and the closets i have come is a thread started in 2017 titled "How to export JMP graph to PPT by JSL?"

I tried to incorperate the script used in this solution to help me and i can get it to make the required number of plots but cannot get specific channels to filter out.

I think i am having a hard time communicating this so please if you need clarification, ask.

Thanks

Summarize( dt, lstChannel = By( :channel ) );
gb = Graph Builder(
	invisible,
	Size( 1225, 952 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables(
		X( :Name( "Freq _(GHz)" ) ),
		Y( :Gain ),
		Group X( :wafer_num ),
		Overlay( :RowCol ) ),
		Elements( Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 19 ) ) )
);

For( i = 1, i <= N Items( GroupBy ), i++,
		gb << Local Data Filter( 
			columns(
				:wafer_num,
				:channel,
				:RowCol),
			Where( :channel == LstChannel[i] ) ),

// I would like to loop through the teststates as well
			Where( :teststate == 1 ), 
			Mode( Show( 1 ), Include( 1 ) ) );
	If( i == 1,
		gb << Save Presentation( "$TEMP/jmp_example2.pptx" ),
		gb << Save Presentation( "$TEMP/jmp_example2.pptx", Append )
	);
	gb << remove data filter;
);

Open( "$TEMP/jmp_example2.pptx" );
21 REPLIES 21
Yngeinstn
Level IV

Re: JSL - Generate -x-y Plot that loops through columns with different variables

Thank you for the information it is always insightful. I do think it is very fortuitous that you happened to be the one helping me out the most. See, I am an Industrial Engineer in a foundry that has a very high mix low volume product mix and we do a significant amount of RF testing. Everything you mentioned:

• there is a known range like control or spec limits,
  • need to scale to something like +/- k sigma,
  • need to control the grid lines, for example, a grid line at each 0.5 sigma,
  • data whose nominal value is large but variation is very small, for example, means value is 1750222 stdev is 0.000023, then I plot a transform Y- mean and figure out a good scale and use the alogorithm, gdinc.jsl
  • perform an analyses and determine whether the data is highly skewed or lumpy (clustered).

Is what i am trying to accomplish we are testing and our customer is using some broad spec limits based on no data so we are trying to determine spec limits based on +/- 3 sigma and +/- 4.5 sigma with accompaning upper and lower control limits. Another example is when i was asking about widening the X-Axis for the distribution plots it was because our current spec limits are LSL = 20 and USL = 40. This is why i am an avid JMP advocate because of the awesome tools you have in the Quality and Process utilities.

I know very little if any at all about plotting multivariate data analysis but i will give it whirl.

Actually this converation brings to me why am here again. I would like your input regarding using the same method of plotting you have given me for the graph builder and distribution for the Fix Y by X analysis. I feel that this is a very good analysis tool as we can see the difference (statistically) between data sets which in our case is wafer_number. Of course I use a Each Pair Student's T test to compare the means...  I tried to plug and plug and play the and get confused with the dispacth function..  Attached is the data table and a Save to Script Window of what i am trying to do along with a picture of the output.. Again, all your help is extremely helpful. 

Side note, I asked my manager if I could take a in depth script writing class and he said yes so if you have any recommendations please let me know. I am in the Balitmore, MD area.

yng 

Yngeinstn
Level IV

Re: JSL - Generate -x-y Plot that loops through columns with different variables

I guess the other two didn't attach