cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DMerchen
Level II

JMP16 Crashes when Connecting to MySQL Database

I have tried to connect to a MySQL database using different methods and sources. I have installed the 64bit version of the MySQL driver to match the 64bit version of JMP. I can see the System DSN connection, but when I click on it to connect, JMP shuts down. I have been unsuccessful in connecting to the MySQL database.

I have read through the community, and I see that someone else posted this about an earlier version of JMP. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

DMerchen
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: JMP16 Crashes when Connecting to MySQL Database

I think it will be easiest to contact JMP support with an email (support@jmp.com).

If you get your issue resolved and if possible, post the solution here so rest of the community can learn from it.

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

DMerchen
Level II

I reached out to Technical Support and got a fix for the problem I was having. 

It seems when using an older MySQL driver with JMP (earlier than 5.3), you have to choose a selection box "Don't prompt when connecting" for JMP not to crash instantly when making a query connection. This is done in the System DSN tab with a 64 bit driver.

DMerchen_0-1630020704796.png

Works great with this selected! Thanks Dahlia for the assist!

DMerchen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

I think it will be easiest to contact JMP support with an email (support@jmp.com).

If you get your issue resolved and if possible, post the solution here so rest of the community can learn from it.

-Jarmo
DMerchen
Level II

Thanks! I will certainly reach out to them.

Dave

DMerchen
DMerchen
Level II

I reached out to Technical Support and got a fix for the problem I was having. 

It seems when using an older MySQL driver with JMP (earlier than 5.3), you have to choose a selection box "Don't prompt when connecting" for JMP not to crash instantly when making a query connection. This is done in the System DSN tab with a 64 bit driver.

DMerchen_0-1630020704796.png

Works great with this selected! Thanks Dahlia for the assist!

DMerchen