cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
datanaut
Level III

JMP15 for Mac -- Projects -- Can't Show "Tools" in Toolbar

I depend on the selection tool to help me choose what I want to paste into reports of my work.  

datanaut_0-1629121529367.png

When looking at a graph window (not in a project) I can make this list of tools always visible by customizing (nice):

datanaut_1-1629121626870.png

When viewing a graph within a project, I cannot.  I can access the menu and select it there but these becomes laborious switching back and forth constantly.  The option to customize the toolbar is there but the choices are limited.  Is it possible?  Or maybe it's available in JMP16?  

JMP 15.2.1 on Mac OS 11.5.1 Big Sur

5 REPLIES 5
statman
Super User

Re: JMP15 for Mac -- Projects -- Can't Show "Tools" in Toolbar

Not sure I can be of much help as I'm no longer on 15 and I don't use that particular feature, but I assume you've checked the JMP help section?

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/16.1/?os=mac&source=application&utm_source=helpmenu&utm_medium=a...

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
datanaut
Level III

Thanks for the reply.

I had not checked it. Looking at the link, it covers some basic useful info but not this question.

In your setup of JMP can you display the tools buttons in the project window?  

statman
Super User

No.  There are a number of View>Customize Tool Bar for different platforms, but I don't see the option to add tools to the Project or regular data table windows. If this is a feature you would like JMP to add, you can submit it to:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/idb-p/jmp-wish-list

Or you can search that list to see if it has been suggested already.

Here are the customize toolbar options I get for Projects:

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 3.10.25 PM.jpg

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
datanaut
Level III

Thanks @statman,   I'll search for it and then submit it for a recommendation if it's not already there.

For now I'm moving away from the project structure in favor of a list of scripts in a standard data table.  Too much back and forth switching between tool functions when harvesting plots for reporting on my analyses.

datanaut
Level III

I did notice that this toolbar is available in project view on the windows side.  Hopefully the JMP Mac team can make this change.