cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
xxvvcczz
Level III

JMP has started running JSL scripts automatically despite windows specific setting NOT enabled.

I'm using JMP® Pro 17.0.0 (622753)

Under File/Preferences/Windows Specific

The checkbox for "JSL Scripts should be run only, not opened, when selected from Recent Files or a file browser" is UNCHECKED.

This has never been a problem before, but without any changes from my end this behavior has started.

I tried enabling the checkbox, applying and exiting. Then running a .jsl file auto runs. I disabled, applied and exited, running a .jsl file STILL auto runs.

Launching out of the Home Window (Recent Files) behaves as expected.

Any ideas? It's not the end of the world, but it sure is annoying.

Right click on the .jsl and look at properties, it seems like this is the right file association?

Unless there is a new "script editor" or something I'm supposed to open these in?

2023-08-29_15h17_10.jpg

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: JMP has started running JSL scripts automatically despite windows specific setting NOT enabled.

There are quite a few posts in community regarding this here and there. If I remember correctly the option which has worked most of the time is to reset the file associations. What I have done since this started to happen to me (3-4 years ago...) is that I ALWAYS open all scripts holding ctrl as it prevents autorun.

-Jarmo