cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thierry_S
Super User

JMP > Graph Builder > Customize > Set Arrowhead syntax?

Hi JMP Community,

I stumbled on a simple problem that I cannot resolve: I would like to draw two-headed arrows in a Graph Builder plot via the Customize option.

Specifically, using the Arrow () function, I can only get single-headed arrows and the Set Arrowhead () command is not recognized (see script below).

I also tried to modify a V line segment, but the Set Arrowhead () command does not work either. Hence, I believe that the Arrow and V Line objects are not directly modifiable, and I would need your help to figure out the proper syntax to make it work.

Pen Color( red );
Ar1 = Arrow( {4, 0.035}, {4, 0.1} );
Ar1 << Set Arrowhead ("Both"); // Does not work

Seg1 = V Line (4, 0.035, 0.1);
Seg1 << Set Arrowhead ("Both"); // Does not work

Any hints would be appreciated.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: JMP > Graph Builder > Customize > Set Arrowhead syntax?

Seems like Arrowhead() is related to Line Seg(). Maybe you have to plot to arrows in opposite directions to get what you want in graph builder:

Pen Size(4);
Arrow([10 30 10], [88 22 88]);

jthi_0-1651162483268.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Seems like Arrowhead() is related to Line Seg(). Maybe you have to plot to arrows in opposite directions to get what you want in graph builder:

Pen Size(4);
Arrow([10 30 10], [88 22 88]);

jthi_0-1651162483268.png

-Jarmo
Thierry_S
Super User

Hi @jthi,

We think alike: it is the workaround I decided to use, but I am still curious about the possibility of modifying Graphics Script elements. It looks like in the plot structure, the added arrows are not reported as an element.

Thanks.

Best,

TS 

Thierry R. Sornasse