Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
EmilyT
Level II

JMP graph into a powerpoint animation?

Hello!

I'm wondering if it is possible to use a graph I built in JMP and make an animation of it in powerpoint?  I'm thinking the answer is no but I thought I would ask...

Seems like Excel is possible but the only thing I can do with a JMP graph is copy the whole thing as a picture?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
hogi
Level XI

Re: JMP graph into a powerpoint animation?

with "animation" you refer to an animated gif - or an interactive graph?

which part should be animated?

EmilyT
Level II

I have some combo line and bar graphs.  Most have one element as bar and then two elements as lines. I wanted to bring in each line / bar separately as I talked about them. I believe that is animation?  I haven't done this much....

EmilyT
Level II

Here is one example.  Would like to bring in each line first and then the bar.

hogi
Level XI

For the Data Filter, there exists an animate function:

unfortunately, the recorder doesn't seem to record the manual changes (save button is grey after the first part) - one has to use the buttons on top to cycle through the entries (save button is available at the end). Unfortunately, this is not the mode you are interested in

hogi
Level XI

anyway, it will be hard to synchronize the automatically generated animation with your text ...

So, what you could do:

• install Graph Builder Toolbar 
  • use the local data filter to generate the individual steps 
  • for every step, click on the Powepoint logo in the Graphbuilder Toolbar *)  and send the current plot as an image to Powerpoint 
  • go to Powerpoint, select all images and add animations

hogi_1-1713038174729.png