Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MMinkauskas
Level I

JMP freezes while compiling custom Design of Experiment

Hello all,

I have trouble setting up a Custom Design of the Experiment because JMP freezes and I cannot do anything.

Please see the picture below. If I have a few less factors and let's say 16 runs, JMP provides the result in no time.

Thanks!

Best regards

Mantas Minkauskas

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Victor_G
Super User

Re: JMP freezes while compiling custom Design of Experiment

Hi @MMinkauskas,

Welcome in the Community !

Can you provide more details about the DoE settings (number and type of factors, constraints, ...) ?

If you have limited number of factors and no "strange" constraints, the default settings of the Custom design platform should handle easily the design creation.
Did you change the default settings of Number of starts and/or Design Search time ? Reducing the number of starts and design search time could maybe help.

But this may be also a problem of configuration (windows? Mac?) and/or JMP installation, so you could also address your issue to the JMP technical support.

Hope this helps,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Victor_G
Super User

Hi @MMinkauskas,

Welcome in the Community !

Can you provide more details about the DoE settings (number and type of factors, constraints, ...) ?

If you have limited number of factors and no "strange" constraints, the default settings of the Custom design platform should handle easily the design creation.
Did you change the default settings of Number of starts and/or Design Search time ? Reducing the number of starts and design search time could maybe help.

But this may be also a problem of configuration (windows? Mac?) and/or JMP installation, so you could also address your issue to the JMP technical support.

Hope this helps,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
MMinkauskas
Level I

Hello Victor,

Thanks for looking into this!

In my most recent experiment there were three responses (maximize), six factors (continuous) and 2-level interactions. However, it does not work with different iterations as well.

I did not change the default settings  for Number of starts and Design Search time.

I am also communicating with technical support at the moment.

Best regards

Mantas Minkauskas