cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Nate_B
Level II

JMP documentation PDF is not providing the level of detail I need - example of bioassay 4PL curve fit

Hi community,

I am new here and could not find an answer in the existing posts.
This is more a general question about finding documentation information, rather than a specific question to a function.
I however use an example to illustrate what kind of information I am looking for.

I am currently evaluating JMP 17 as a software tool for us. In this process I try to set up a bioassay potency evaluation workflow, which is based on the 4 parameter logistic model. As other posts already asked about the differences of the three existing 4PL models in JMP (4PL / 4PL Rodbard / 4PL Hill) see here and here, I am more concerned about the fact that I do not find enough information about the set up and use of the existing models in JMP. For the the 4PL function the input variable (concentration), has to be in log() form. For the Rodbard model it seems x has to be in the normal form. These are just examples of things that I had to find out by trial and error, but would had wished to find as a guidance/documentation/information somewhere in the JMP documentation. Another thing, that is missing/or I am unable to find, is for example which curve fitting algorithm is used for which function? Is it the ordinary least sums of squares, the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm etc.
The level of information in the JMP documentation seems not to be specific enough to answer these question. A least not here.
If somebody knows where to find all the detailed information about JMP functions, it would be great if you could share it with me.

Thanks a lot in advance

Best,
Nate

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: JMP documentation PDF is not providing the level of detail I need - example of bioassay 4PL curve fit

Hi @Nate_B ,

Are you referring to the documentation here:

Statistical Details for Fit Curve Models (jmp.com)?

If this is lacking the detail that you require, then JMP Technical Support would be the best place to go (email: support@jmp.com).

I hope that helps,

Phil