cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Stas
Level I

JMP and SQL queries

Hey guys, I have two related questions that would be great if I'll find a solution to:
1. is there a  way that JMP can alter a field in SQL query? I mean that I wish to run JSL code that will ask from a user the date range (for example), it will update it into the relevant field in my SQL query and will run this query.

2. Is it possible to create JSL code that will ask from the user if to run X query or Y query and based on the answer it will run the chosen query?

For both questions, right now my code runs queries that been converted to BAT files (used to work with EXE files but SQL no longer supports it as standard.
Run button example:
Button Box("xx",

open("\\VMSPFSFSLC01\F28_PLI\SQL\FE SQL\xx.bat")
),

2 REPLIES 2
Georg
Level VII

Re: JMP and SQL queries

May be you want to have a look at a recent paper:

Strategies and Examples for Data Acquisition From Distributed and Complex Source... - JMP User Commu...

In the video you find, how it works, and in the journal you find all scripts working with Big Class.jmp sample table.

But pretty much the same works also on ODBC connections for databases. 

Georg
Mauro_Gerber
Level IV

Re: JMP and SQL queries

Hello Stas

You can concat your SQL code snippets as you like. I have two samples to give you an idea how to solve your problem:

OrderNumber = 12345;

text_block_DB_0 = "select  t1.*  from DB1 t1";

if(selection_button, // can be a choice of the user
	text_block_DB_1 = " and t1.[time]=(select max(t2.[time]) from DB1 t2 where t1.[SN] = t2.[SN])"; // get the laste entry of a serial number dependend of time)
	text_block_DB_1 = ""; // gives all SN
)

dt = Open Database(__DSN_String,text_block_DB_0 || " where t1.[Order] = " || char(OrderNumber) || text_block_DB_1);

OrderNumber = 12345;

text_block_DB_0 = "select  t1.*  from DB1 t1 where t1.[Order] = *insert_order_number* ";

if(selection_button,
	text_block_DB_1 = " and t1.[time]=(select max(t2.[time]) from DB1 t2 where t1.[SN] = t2.[SN])";
	text_block_DB_1 = "";
)

dt = Open Database(__DSN_String,substitute(text_block_DB_0,"*insert_order_number*", char(OrderNumber)) || text_block_DB_1);
"I thought about our dilemma, and I came up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us"
- GLaDOS