cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Robertasm
Level I

JMP Script for inverse prediction

Hello everyone,

I want to automate my data analysis, therefore I wanted to write myself a script to make things easier.

Basically, I want to take my standards to generate a standard curve using 4P fit. (Columns 1, 2, 3 are triplicates of those standards, so I want to have an average value)

Afterwards, I want to use the inverse prediction formula that has been generated by the 4P fit and apply it to the remaining samples (Columns 4 to 12, they are also in triplicates. e.i. columns 4, 5, 6 take average and apply inverse prediction) 

Reason why I stack all my data is that it makes a lot easier to take all this data and put it in the official report.

Thank you in advance !

Robert

11 REPLIES 11
txnelson
Super User

Re: JMP Script for inverse prediction

What is the question you are asking?

I understand what you want to do, and I see the script.  Doesn't the script work?  Do you want to set the script up to be automated by running the JMP Scheduler?

I am not sure what you are asking.

Jim
Robertasm
Level I

Sorry for that !

So my problem is that my script does not work fully. For some reason it does not give me the inverse prediction in the hcp column (when I check the formula in the hcp column it is emty for some reason)

txnelson
Super User

The Scripting Index for "Save Inverse Prediction Formula" specifies the following structure to produce the new column

fc=dt<<Fit Curve(Y( :average), X( :Log conc));
fc << Fit Logistic 4P(Save inverse prediction Formula);

Jim
Robertasm
Level I

Hello again, 

So I did correct this mistake, but it still doesn't generate me the last column with inverse predicted values for my other samples... So I suppose that there is a mistake or I am missing a line with the part where I want to get the inverse prediction formula and set it for hcp column.

Regards

Rob

txnelson
Super User

I would change the methodology you are using to create the new columns to using the function

Clone Formula Column()

Definition and an example(I copied it into this response) is available in the Scripting Index

Help==>Scripting Index==>Data Table Cols==>Clone Formula Column

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Blood Pressure.jmp" );
dt << New Column( "Day 1",
	Formula( (:BP 8M + :BP 12M + :BP 6M) / 3 )
);
list1 = {:BP 8W, :BP 8F};
list2 = {:BP 12W, :BP 12F};
list3 = {:BP 6W, :BP 6F};
dt <<
Clone Formula Column(
	"Day 1",
	Substitute Column Reference( :BP 8M, list1 ),
	Substitute Column Reference( :BP 12M, list2 ),
	Substitute Column Reference( :BP 6M, list3 )
);
Jim
Robertasm
Level I

Also, could someone help me with the script for the mean formula.

I can't get it to work for me.

What I want to do is to take 3 columns and get an average of 3 columns across all rows. JMP script guide doesn't provide the script for it... 

txnelson
Super User

I am not exactly sure of what you are asking for.  There are 2 guesses as to what you are looking for;

1. You want the mean of 3 columns separately for each row.

TheMean = Mean( :A, :B, :C)

2. You want to find the average of all of the data for 3 columns:

TheMean = ( Col Sum( :A ) + Col Sum( :B ) + Col Sum( :C ) ) /
     ( Col Number( :A ) + Col Number( :B ) + Col Number( :C ) );

The above piece of code could be shortened to

TheMean = Mean( Col Mean( :A ), Col Mean( :B ), Col Mean( :C ) );

if the number of data points are equal in each of the columns

Jim
Robertasm
Level I

I have managed to correct my script and it does produce me the last "hcp" column results according to inverse prediction.

The next question I have is why when I change my column names, hcp column no longer produces inverse prediction for me, is there a mistake in my script ? 

i.e.

Script line 11:

fc=dt<<Fit Curve(Y( :average), X( :Log conc), Fit Logistic 4P);

If I change the name of my my column from "average" to lets say Standard Average, I no longer get my predictions in the hcp column. I do change my column name in the line 7 as well to Standard Average before running the script.

Thanks

txnelson
Super User

What error message is in the log?

Have you just tried changing line 7 to see if what you are thinking might fix the problem does fix the problem?

Jim