cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Statistician
Level I

JMP Scoring Code

My company just purchased JMP and currently using it to build models...Just have a question. Basically we don't have SAS base, we only have SQL Server..

I have built a Decision Tree model and would like to score fresh data. JMP creates a sas scoring code but as I mentioned my company doesn't have any SAS base or EG..

I have 2 questions :

1) Can the SAS scoring code be translated into SQL code by JMP
2) If the above is not possible, can I import into JMP a new dataset that I want to score, and score it with this scoring code??

Many Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: JMP Scoring Code

There is a previous thread about creating deciles.

I think the best solution might be a formula column such as this:

Ceiling( (Col Rank( :weight ) / Col Number( :weight )) * 10 )

(see attached BIg Class example).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Hello,

So to get going on scoring models you could look at the Formula Depot to learn about getting formulas/scoring code out of JMP. The code that JMP generates may not get you 100% of the way to what you need but hopefullly it can get you most of the way there.

file:///Applications/JMP%20Pro%2014.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/JMPHelp/index.html#page/jmp%2FPSM_Formula_Depot.html%23

You can also use the formula depot to move the "scoring code" (which is just a column function) from one JMP data table to another.  There are other options for copying a formula from one table to anohter.

To learn more about JMP formulas see:

file:///Applications/JMP%20Pro%2014.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/JMPHelp/index.html#page/jmp%2FUG_FormulaEditor.html%23

Statistician
Level I

Thank You Karen! I have managed to copy the formula and it work well..
Now, I have another question. How do you create deciles in simple JMP? I
don't have JMP Pro...I've heard with JMP Pro you can use the interactive
binning but don't have the Pro

Cheers

Alice
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Phil_Kay
Staff

There is a previous thread about creating deciles.

I think the best solution might be a formula column such as this:

Ceiling( (Col Rank( :weight ) / Col Number( :weight )) * 10 )

(see attached BIg Class example).