cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BrendanM
Level I

JMP Query Builder not showing tables which are visible in Database/Open Table

Hi Folks, I'm troubleshooting an issue with some JMP queries and I've discovered I can see and access the required Oracle tables within a schema when I open the tables using the Database/Open Table option. These same tables are not visible  when I use the Build Query option using the same ODBC driver and user account.

I am using JMP 15 Pro.

Is there something (probably very simple) I am missing here that is limiting my view?

Thanks for any help!

Brendan.

4 REPLIES 4
Georg
Level VII

Re: JMP Query Builder not showing tables which are visible in Database/Open Table

As far as I see, there are the same tables on my Oracle Databases for boths ways. I did not experience so far.

But if you know the correct scheme and table name, you could do the following:

You can put the table name and scheme name in a script like below, then you should find your table in the visual mode of Query Builder.

This script you can save from query builder via red triangle button ("Save Modify Query Script"). Maybe you need to open just another table, to get that script, and than put in the right table name into the script to get your table into the visual Query Builder.

New SQL Query(
	Connection(
		"MY_DSN"
	),
	QueryName( "QUERY_NAME" ),
	Select,
	From( Table( "DATABASE_TABLE_NAME", Schema( "SCHEMA" ), Alias( "t1" ) ) )
) << Modify;
Georg
BrendanM
Level I

Re: JMP Query Builder not showing tables which are visible in Database/Open Table

Hi Georg,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried connecting to many tables in the schema using both a scripted connection and the query builder but have not been successful.

I can see all tables with "Open Table" and they do open, however none are visible with Query Builder and all fail when scripted stating the tables do not exist.

I'm suspecting a permissions change (as I had no problems with the same queries until recently) but IT support are not aware of any changes on the server side.

Brendan

ninadgorey
Level I

Hi Brendan, I have also seen something similar while using MySQL. Which ODBC connector version are you using?

Thanks,

Ninad

albertlesire
Level I

Hi Brendan, 

Had a similar issue. Table were not showing up in the query builder. 
When I closed JMP and opened it again the issue was resolved. Feels like it is a bug. 

Kind regards, 

Albert