Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
OmegaGnu430
Level I

Importing answers based on multiple column values

Hi JMP community,

I have a list of responses which I need to import into JMP. I have an Excel sheet containing the responses along with 3 columns containing information I need to import the data by. Picture below:

OmegaGnu430_0-1660212046837.png

I need to import the responses into the corresponding JMP file based on the response ID, Survey and Choice set.

OmegaGnu430_1-1660212132306.png

However I can't seem to find a good answer/starting point on how to import and sort data based on shared column values. Could someone please give me pointer on how to start?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ressel
Level VI

Re: Importing answers based on multiple column values

Maybe the following will help.

You have two tables, one in Excel and one in JMP. Make a JMP version of your Excel table. Then, via the toolbar go to Tables --> Join. There you can match your columns in the "Matching Specification" panel. At least for me, table joining (and splitting) operations are typically error prone before I get them right, so I strongly advise to tick "Keep dialog open" when testing whether this method can work for you.

Ressel_2-1660218288600.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ressel
Level VI

Re: Importing answers based on multiple column values

Maybe the following will help.

You have two tables, one in Excel and one in JMP. Make a JMP version of your Excel table. Then, via the toolbar go to Tables --> Join. There you can match your columns in the "Matching Specification" panel. At least for me, table joining (and splitting) operations are typically error prone before I get them right, so I strongly advise to tick "Keep dialog open" when testing whether this method can work for you.

Ressel_2-1660218288600.png