cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gv
gv
Level III

JMP Interface is slow / lagging , especially script editor and application builder

Hi all,

I'm using JMP 13 on windows 7. My interface suddenly became very slow. All keyboard and mouse input to JMP is lagging (key strokes, scrolling, highlighting etc.). The problem persists even if I close down my datatables and just leave a script editor or application builder open. The problem is less pronounced in an empty script editor then a full one, but is still noticeable. This problem does not occur in other running programs and the machine has plenty of memory and CPU capacity available. I have tried the obvious stuff like resetting and checking no processes are active in the background..

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gv
gv
Level III

Re: JMP Interface is slow / lagging , especially script editor and application builder

Hi all,

Technical support offered the solution. Apparently hardware accelerated graphics is switched off by default. Activating it solved the issue for me.

You can active it by going to JMP preferences -> Windows specific.

Big thanks for your replies and to the people at support!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MathStatChem
Level VI

Re: JMP Interface is slow / lagging , especially script editor and application builder

I'm curious, are you working with files that are saved on a network drive?  I have seen that when I am using files on a network shared drive with slower connection speeds, that JMP will tend to lag.

I have also seen the Script window be slow in responding to keystrokes.  

gv
gv
Level III

Hi, Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Unfortunately, all my files are already in a local directory.
gv
gv
Level III

Hi, Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Unfortunately, all my files are already in a local directory.
rossjason
Level II

I think this is my issue. Have you found a solution for this?
txnelson
Super User

I think you need to contact JMP with an email, support@jmp.com or by calling 919-677-8008

Jim
gv
gv
Level III

Hi all,

Technical support offered the solution. Apparently hardware accelerated graphics is switched off by default. Activating it solved the issue for me.

You can active it by going to JMP preferences -> Windows specific.

Big thanks for your replies and to the people at support!

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Have you noticed that this happens over time?  I often find that after half a day of doing scripting in JMP, it starts to slow down with similar issues.  I probably close JMP and reopen a new instance twice a day because of this issue.  I can't imagine that is only because of not having hardware accelleration off.  

Vince Faller - Predictum
mikedriscoll
Level VI

Hi Vince,

This used to happen all the time with my old PC, across multiple versions of JMP. I'll chalk it up to a really buggy PC because everything seemed really slow on that machine. The script editor lag was the most annoying though. I could type half a line of code before it would show up on the screen. I haven't experienced any problem on my new PC. I don't know what the graphics acceleration setting was for the old machine but they're currently turned off on this one.

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Computer power is definitely not the problem.  

Vince Faller - Predictum