Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
D_G
D_G
Level II

JMP-Classes with instances and global (shared) functions

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding JMP-Classes. I'm using custom classes to create instances as an interface for custom (sql) requests. These classes contain among other things a namespace, a window and a button. It works pretty good - however I have some generall/global classes which i also want to execute within these instances.

Dummy sample for a global class:

New Namespace("BASICS",
	{		

BASIC_FUNCTION = Function({A, B}, 

C = A * B;	
			Print(C);			
			Return(C);

);

}
);

And this is my handle function for the submit button. THIS_WN is the class containing the window and the button.

NS is the namespace within this class.

HANDLE_SUBMIT = Function({THIS_WN}, 

THIS_WN:GET_WINDOW << Show Window(0);

THIS_WN:NS:A = 2;
	THIS_WN:NS:B = 3;

THIS_WN:NS:CMD = JSL Quote( 
		Local Here(

Include(Get Path Variable("ADDIN_HOME(~ my AddIn ~)") || "LIB\BASICS.jsl");	

Namespace("$NS$"):RESULT = BASICS:BASIC_FUNCTION(Namespace("$NS$"):A, Namespace("$NS$"):B);

Print(Namespace("$NS$"):RESULT);
			Namespace("$NS$"):RESULT = Namespace("$NS$"):RESULT + 1;
			Print(Namespace("$NS$"):RESULT);

Window("$WN$") << Show Window(1);

);
	);

THIS_WN:NS:CMD = Substitute(THIS_WN:NS:CMD, "$NS$", THIS_WN:NS << Get Name); 
	THIS_WN:NS:CMD = Substitute(THIS_WN:NS:CMD, "$WN$", THIS_WN:GET_WINDOW << Get Window Title); 

Eval(Parse(THIS_WN:NS:CMD));

Print("HERE");

//CASES	
	//X = 1;
	//Print(THIS_WN:NS:CMD);	

);

I can execute the command and get the sql/datatable result. I also have controll over the window within the local here section. However after evaluation the command I really can't do anything else. Starting from "//CASES" all examples are not working, saying that there is no defined variable within this class.

Is there a way to "come back to the class" after a "local here" section?

Thank you in advance !

1 REPLY 1

Re: JMP-Classes with instances and global (shared) functions

@D_G sorry that there hasn't been a response to your question. Custom classes are relatively new and few folks are familiar with their use. I haven't worked with classes (inside JSL), but it has been on my list of JSL topics to learn more about. I will take a look at what your trying to do and see if I can get you more information.