cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ambhuiya
Level I

JMP Chart on C# and visual studio

Hello,

I am using JMP 12. Using the Automation Reference document and the JMPStarter C# sample application, I was able to get a simple C# application working.

I am plotting numeric values (CpD) on Y axis and want to show the values of it on the graph. I can do it in JMP but can't seem to find a way to do it in visual studio c# code. I did try the showpoints method but that doesn't seem to show the points on the graph. Below is what I have now. Any help on this would be appreciated.

ch = doc.CreateChart();
ch.LaunchAddY("CpD", JMP.chartStatConstants.chartStatMin);
ch.LaunchAddX("Current Layer");
ch.ShowPoints(true);

ch.Launch();

Best,

Abdul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: JMP Chart on C# and visual studio

@ambhuiya,

I no longer have JMP 12 loaded on my PC and my C# is very rusty, however, in my previous job when helping programmers using C# and JMP automation, the programmers often found it more productive to use the automation command Run JSL. In other words, they would write the JSL actions using JSL messages and just use C# or VisualBasic to manipulate the objects they created.  The last time I did such a consultation the group I supported was using JMP 11.  Some JMP platform options were not exposed via automation.

I don't know if that will help your problem, and JMP 12  might not have those issues.  This is just an FYI.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

@ambhuiya,

I no longer have JMP 12 loaded on my PC and my C# is very rusty, however, in my previous job when helping programmers using C# and JMP automation, the programmers often found it more productive to use the automation command Run JSL. In other words, they would write the JSL actions using JSL messages and just use C# or VisualBasic to manipulate the objects they created.  The last time I did such a consultation the group I supported was using JMP 11.  Some JMP platform options were not exposed via automation.

I don't know if that will help your problem, and JMP 12  might not have those issues.  This is just an FYI.

Good Luck.

ambhuiya
Level I

Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestion. It did work! It actually made a lot of things much easier as I can integrate JSL on C#. The main thing I had to use was the run command method. Here is a snippet, if someone else needs it in the future:

myJMP.RunCommand ("Chart(X( :LAYER),Y(Mean( :SKIP_RATE)), Overlay Axis << Label by Value, Show Labels, Bar Chart(1))

Thanks again!