cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PTR50
Level II

JMP 2016 very slow

I just started using JMP with a large data file.  Things like row selection and Summary tables were incredibly slow or would not operate at all.  I thought this was a file size issue but tried doing the same things using JMP 15 and the same functions worked almost immediately.  So this was an issue related to JMP 16 and not file size.  Is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PTR50
Level II

Re: JMP 2016 very slow

The problem was addressed by JMP - had to turn graphics acceleration off

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

I am sure that the JMP folks will want to work with you on this.  Therefore, you should put this issue into the JMP support team

support@jmp.com

Jim
PTR50
Level II

The problem was addressed by JMP - had to turn graphics acceleration off

Pahn
Level I

I too, am encountering this issue. 

But I realised that it is not slow, but the graphics not updating, thus turning off graphics acceleration do help. 

If you find that its not updating normally, a quick toggle on column resize or window resize (any movement) would update the graphic. 

Hope JMP team can have a patch for this soon. So until then, no graphics acceleration.

Thank you JMP team.. 

Schnieder80
Level I

this behaviour of JMP is a pain ..... other versions were running quick, but this JMP 16 is not worth the money we have to spend for a license.

I'm working with a table of 7400 rows with a notebook having 32 gb of RAM. Jumping from cells to another takes seconds, marking columns takes ages etc etc....

any freeware program is doing better! A shame.

I hope you saw the solution to this issue. If that does not resolve your issue, please contact the JMP Technical Support team so that they can assist you.

Dan Obermiller
PTR50
Level II

turning off graphics acceleration will fix this issue