cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Feli
Level IV

JMP 17 and Python while anaconda is installed

I need to have Python 3.7 and Anaconda concurrently installed on my machine, but now JMP has trouble finding the "bare" python installation. When calling 

python init()

I get the same error messages as in this discussion Configure Python (Anaconda environment path) with JMP Pro 16.2 ,   but I don't want JMP to run with Anaconda but use the bare python, which has worked before (before installing anaconda).

I already checked that python is in my Windows path so it should be able to find it, but JMP seems to prefer the anaconca version, even though it cannot find the installed packages there (see Configure Python (Anaconda environment path) with JMP Pro 16.2 ). I tried JMP_PYTHON_MODULE_PATH, but maybe I did not configure it well since after that, JMP could not find an installation of Python at all.

Is there any way to get JMP and Python working along without deinstalling Anaconda?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Feli
Level IV

Re: JMP 17 and Python while anaconda is installed

The solution was to enter the complete path of 

C:\Program Files\Python\<version>\Python<version>.dll

into the system variable (the Python<version>.dll  is important, which I left out before) following along the instruction https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.1/index.shtml#page/jmp/troubleshoot-the-jmp-python-integratio... 

I'll leave the solution here for others that might run into the same problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Feli
Level IV

Re: JMP 17 and Python while anaconda is installed

The solution was to enter the complete path of 

C:\Program Files\Python\<version>\Python<version>.dll

into the system variable (the Python<version>.dll  is important, which I left out before) following along the instruction https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.1/index.shtml#page/jmp/troubleshoot-the-jmp-python-integratio... 

I'll leave the solution here for others that might run into the same problem.