cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tm3521
Level II

JMP 16 not Responsive

I recently migrated to a new computer and installed JMP 16. When performing many actions such as pasting data, selecting a column to plot a chart, scrolling, etc., the window will not refresh to display the result of my action unless I resize the window. After performing a second action, I need to resize again and so forth. I tried uninstalling and installing again, updating to 16.1.0, but nothing helps.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: JMP 16 not Responsive

If you are running Windows you could try checking that Enable hardware accelerated graphics is checked from Preferences under Windows Specific menu. Then I would suggest you contact support@jmp.com with an email, they can most likely help you out.

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

jschroedl
Staff

Hi @tm3521 

I suspect that your issue is that your new machine has an Intel Xe integrated graphics card. Many new laptops use this graphics system and have been having issues due to a bug in the Intel graphics drivers. Intel has acknowledged they have a bug in their drivers which can break many applications including JMP.

They have fixed the bug and updated drivers are available from the Intel site:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058136/graphics/graphics-for-11th-genera...

Some machines require uninstalling OEM drivers having the bug in order to get the fixed Intel drivers. The fix may be as easy as updating your graphics drivers from the OS. If that does not fix the issue, this page may help removing the OME driver before updating the the Intel driver. I hope it does not require this much work and a driver update check is sufficient.   https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056629/graphics.html

Once you have a newer, fixed graphics driver, you can reenable the hardware accelerated graphics option in JMP to regain the drawing speed.

Hope this helps,

John

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jthi
Super User

If you are running Windows you could try checking that Enable hardware accelerated graphics is checked from Preferences under Windows Specific menu. Then I would suggest you contact support@jmp.com with an email, they can most likely help you out.

-Jarmo
tm3521
Level II

Thanks. It was checked. Unchecking it solved the problem.

jschroedl
Staff

Hi @tm3521 

I suspect that your issue is that your new machine has an Intel Xe integrated graphics card. Many new laptops use this graphics system and have been having issues due to a bug in the Intel graphics drivers. Intel has acknowledged they have a bug in their drivers which can break many applications including JMP.

They have fixed the bug and updated drivers are available from the Intel site:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058136/graphics/graphics-for-11th-genera...

Some machines require uninstalling OEM drivers having the bug in order to get the fixed Intel drivers. The fix may be as easy as updating your graphics drivers from the OS. If that does not fix the issue, this page may help removing the OME driver before updating the the Intel driver. I hope it does not require this much work and a driver update check is sufficient.   https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056629/graphics.html

Once you have a newer, fixed graphics driver, you can reenable the hardware accelerated graphics option in JMP to regain the drawing speed.

Hope this helps,

John

tm3521
Level II

Hi John,

Thank you!

The newest driver is in beta, uninstalling results in Windows Update potentially failing to update the driver going forward, and I am ok with regard to speed given the file sizes I typically work with. But, I'll keep an eye out for the update through Windows Update. Once this newest driver is released, I'll check to see if enabling hardware acceleration results in the same issues. If the new driver fails to install after release, then I will try the methods you suggest.

Thanks again,
Tyler

i10
i10
Level I

I installed these drivers to my notebook and I use a Windows 10 Enterprise software. The JMP 16 software was installed twice and unfortunately I still face some graphic issues. Does anybody have an idea what I could do to resolve that?

jschroedl
Staff

This is a good workaround but see my reply re: the buggy Intel Xe graphics drivers which is likely the issue here.

arooqi
Level II

I had the same issue when using virtual JMP 15 on Mac. The virtual version looks like Windows based and when I run some complicated analysis the cursor turns into rubbish icon. I think it's a hardware acceleration issue !!

Iraq Abdulwahhab