cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AlexS
Level III

JMP 14 column ordering difference

Any idea why an order of table columns is different to when others running same script? The content is the same the order is different.

For example I get column order TEST-9, TEST-12, TEST-17
But others would get TEST-12,TEST-17,TEST-9

The latter result is what I need to get is this a setting somewhere I need to change or a difference from JMP13 and JMP14?

Many thanks for any help given
Alex is the name, Power BI/ SQL /JMP is my game
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: JMP 14 column ordering difference

In JMP 14 and beyond you can turn off turn off the Numerical Order in the Value Order column property.

2021-04-27_14-52-15.052.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

What are you doing to create the data table? A Summary, output from another Platform.........?
Jim
AlexS
Level III

It’s imported from CSV. There is a little bit of transformation (sorting and dedupe) before it basically splits out into a data tables from being tabulated. 2 columns month and grand total are first then the rest of the TEST columns. The count of TEST per the month and grand totals are correct but order of the columns based on column name are different. When I run the script it orders differently to when other do it I think others may be on JMP13 and I’m on 14?
Jeff_Perkinson

Starting with JMP 14 JMP began to recognize numeric suffixes on character strings should be sorted in numeric order instead of alphabetic order. 

See more at Order the Levels of a Categorical Variable.

-Jeff
AlexS
Level III

Thank you, that’s a lot of info on charts but how would I get it to sort the previous way in my script?
Jeff_Perkinson

In JMP 14 and beyond you can turn off turn off the Numerical Order in the Value Order column property.

2021-04-27_14-52-15.052.png

-Jeff
AlexS
Level III

Perfect thanks will give that ago.