cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
meye1474
Level I

JMP 14.1 Excel Add-in checkbox missing during installation

• In previous versions of JMP, during install there was checkbox to add the JMP add-in to excel. During the 14.0 and 14.1 installation this checkbox was not an available option. Does anyone know why it's missing? Is there a way to install it manually?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: JMP 14.1 Excel Add-in checkbox missing during installation

You need to go directly to the JMP Support folks for this one:

support@jmp.com

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

You need to go directly to the JMP Support folks for this one:

support@jmp.com

Jim
dave_matthews1
Level III

Meye1474,

I have never seen that issue.  I'm assuming JMP is not detecting Office being installed.  Per JMP System Requirements page, you will need Office 2010, 2013 or 2016.  We have done some testing with the newer version of Office and it appears to work correct.

If you have one of the above versions of Office, my recommendation is to first do a reboot.  It is possible you got an Office Update that needs a reboot. After doing a reboot, you will need to do a repair to reinstall the Excel Add-In for JMP since it was not available the first time.

With JMP closed, navigate to Control Panel > Programs & Features.

Find JMP 14 in the installed programs list. Right-click it and select Modify/Change.
This will open the installation options box. Find the Excel Add-In, if it is checked, you will need to uncheck it, click OK and follow the process. Reboot and do the above again, checking it this time.
If it is unchecked, check it and follow the process laid out above.

If that does not work, please try to do a repair on Office.  You can see how to do that on this Microsoft Support page.

After repairing Office and rebooting, please follow the steps to add the Excel Add-In for JMP.

If that does not work, please enter a JMP support track in.  You can do that HERE.