cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LaserRasin
Level II

JMP 12 interface slow, especially with new 4k monitor

I am using JMP 12 at my work, and the interface has always been a little laggy.  Recently I've upgraded to a new 4k monitor, and everything scales well and works well except that JMP is now very slow.  This includes scrolling through open Data Tables, scrolling through UI elements, and in general anything JMP's native UI engine. 

I've seen the post about graphics hardware acceleration for JMP 13, but I've not been able to find any such setting for JMP 12.  Does anyone have experience with JMP 12 on a 4k monitor / how to get rid of the UI lag?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: JMP 12 interface slow, especially with new 4k monitor

I can confirm the lag also.  The only time I use a 4K monitor is when I am running under a virtual machine and I've always assumed it was related to the VM environment, but turning on the hardware acceleration eliminates the lag (I notice it most scrolling through scripts).  On versions 13 and 14 the option is under the 'Windows Specific' preferences.  I couldn't find it on version 12.

-Dave
psp1
Level I

Re: JMP 12 interface slow, especially with new 4k monitor

I have the same problem. It also existed in JMP 11 before I upgraded to JMP 12.