cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
outlier
Level I

JMP 12 copy paste select

I have JMP12.2 and want the quickest way to copy large groups of graphs into, say, powerpoint.  It seems the selection tool is permanently disabled and the only way is to copy one by one by right clicking the grey triangle.  Typically I can have 20+ variability plots or contour plots.

Ideal would be to arrange the graphs in tiled mosaic (instead of 1 vertical column of 20 graphs) and copy all at once. 

I also used to use the selection tool to copy summary stats under graphs into excel, this handy feature also seems have gone now the selection tool is disabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: JMP 12 copy paste select

There's a menu/toolbar at the top of every report window. It's hidden by default but will appear when you hover your mouse just below the title bar or press the Alt key.

You can read more here.

12310_menuappears.gif

-Jeff

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

The selection tool has not been removed.

If you go to your output window, and click on the "S" key, does the selection tool appear? And then if you click on the "A" key, does the arrow pointer come back?

What I assume you are experiencing is either that you are not aware of the "hidden" pulldown menu/toolbar screen, at the top of each JMP window, or the View==>Toolbars

not been selected.

Could you be a little more descriptive about your current setup, etc?

Jim
outlier
Level I

Thanks.  For clarification the selection tool is visible on the worksheet tool bar but greyed out/inoperative.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

There's a menu/toolbar at the top of every report window. It's hidden by default but will appear when you hover your mouse just below the title bar or press the Alt key.

You can read more here.

12310_menuappears.gif

-Jeff